The FMWG Steering Committee is comprised of the following professionals:
- Kenneth N. Luongo, President, Partnership for Global Security (co-chair)
- Miles Pomper, Senior Research Associate, James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (co-chair)
- Irma Arguello, Founder and Chair, NPSGlobal Foundation
- Matthew Bunn, Co-Principal Investigator, Project on Managing the Atom, Harvard University
- Anya Loukianova, Program Officer, The Stanley Foundation
- Sharon Squassoni, Director and Senior Fellow, Proliferation Prevention Program, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Benn Tannenbaum, Non-Resident Fellow, Center for Science, Technology, and Security Policy, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Alexandra Toma, Executive Director, Peace and Security Funders Group
- Paul Walker, Director, Security & Sustainability, Global Green USA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sean Harder, 319-455-6397, firstname.lastname@example.org
Experts to Share Expectations for Nuclear Security Summit
Save the Date: March 13 Press Briefing
Journalists planning to report on the upcoming Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul, South Korea, will want to attend this press briefing for expert insights on achievements since President Obama’s first summit in 2010 and expectations for what world leaders may accomplish in Seoul.
WHAT: Pre-Summit Press Briefing with Nuclear Security Experts. Report to be released: “The Nuclear Security Summit: Assessment of National Commitments” by Arms Control Association and Partnership for Global Security.
WHEN: Noon – 2 p.m., Tuesday, March 13 (Lunch will be served)
WHERE: First Amendment Lounge, 13th Floor, National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, Washington, D.C.
TO RSVP: Press only, please email Sean Harder at email@example.com
The Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul will be the second such gathering of more than 40 world leaders to discuss securing nuclear materials. The following members of the Fissile Materials Working Group (FWMG), a coalition of more than 60 leading experts and non-governmental organizations in nuclear security, will share their expectations and insights on the Nuclear Security Summit:
- Kenneth N. Luongo, co-chair of the FMWG and president/founder of the Partnership for Global Security. Former senior advisor to the Secretary of Energy for nonproliferation policy and Director of the Office of Arms Control and Nonproliferation at the DOE.
- Alexandra Toma, co-chair of the FMWG and executive director of the Connect U.S. Fund. Former congressional foreign policy advisor and defense analyst.
- William H. Tobey, senior fellow, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs. Former Deputy Administrator for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation at the National Nuclear Security Administration.
- Michelle Cann, senior budget and policy analyst, Partnership for Global Security. Co-author of “The Nuclear Security Summit: Assessment of National Commitments.”
- Kelsey Davenport, Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellow at the Arms Control Association. Co-author of “The Nuclear Security Summit: Assessment of National Commitments.”
The FMWG formed to support and help implement the goal of securing all vulnerable fissile materials as quickly as possible. For more information about the FMWG, please visit www.fmwg.org or follow us on Twitter @FMWG.